Saturday, January 31, 2015

Cauliflower Mash - I Think I Love You!

:(  - This is Nicole missing mashed potatoes.

Recently I've been seeing a trend on Instragram of people making cauliflower mash, so when Mister and I were at the grocery store tonight, I bought a head of cauliflower and decided to make it myself.

I had no timeline for when I was going to make this concoction, I just knew I wanted to make it. We were having ribs tonight for dinner, so I asked him how he felt about trying something new. He said he'd try it. Score!

So, this is a recipe that's all my own!

Get your stuff together:
1 head of cauliflower
2 TBSPs heavy whipping cream
2 TBSPs butter
Salt & Pepper to taste

Wash off your cauliflower and cut it up into chunks.I have a nice steamer that came with my pots and pan set, so that's what I used to steam it.


Get it nice and soft. When you stab it with a fork, it will slide right off or will fall apart. Then it's done! You'll want to shake off any excess water and transfer it to a large bowl for mashing.


I added my butter and heavy whipping cream before I started mixing.


Using my immersion blender, I gradually worked the mixture until it became smooth. You can use beaters or a potato masher. I'm sure a fork would work just fine too, but I like really creamy potatoes.


Viola! Here's the finished product. Honestly, it has the same texture. The taste isn't that different. Here's the MyFitnessPal link to the recipe with all the stats: Mashed Cauliflower.



I think we have a winner!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment