Thursday, January 15, 2015

Chicken Parm Over Baked Zucchini Noodle Spaghetti


First things first, to make the Zucchini Noodles for this or any other recipe that I may make, make sure to grab a  Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Slicer. I was skeptical when I first saw one of these on the As Seen On TV Isle.. but it worked amazingly!

Here's what 3 Zucchini's look like in noodle form:


Lesson 1 from making this tonight; Could have used a lot more Zucchini. (It was so freaking good) Now that I have this Veggetti, I'm going to really go crazy on making more pasta dishes with it!


What I did was get the bottom of the pan covered in the tomato sauce. Then I pan seared the zucchini noodles in olive oil and italian herbs for just a minute or two (i wanted to keep the firmness of the noodles).

Then I didn't take a picture of the breading, it was pork rinds, shredded Parmesan and some Italian herbs in there. Egg bath then breading.

Lesson 2: The Magic bullet does not like Pork Rinds.


In olive oil; getting them nice and brown before placing them onto the noodles/ sauce. Added a little more italian herbs while cooking for just a few moments like this,


Lined the chicken along the top, then topped them with Mozzarella, Italian herbs and more shredded Parmesan!

Preheat the oven to 425 and put them in for 15 minutes


I coulda let them in there to brown a little more on the cheese, but I was satisified. I butterflied the chicken and they were cooked so I decided my body was ready!


I ended up not getting a lot of noodles, which is ok! Next time: More noodles! I put into MyFitness Pal that I had 1/3 but there's no way I actually had a 3rd of the entire product (sometimes I'd rather be over on the numbers in MFP then actually eating)

So here's the nutrition on the recipe:


The sauce was 5 net carbs per serving, and the lowest I found locally. I could probably bring the carbs down by making my own in the future.


And this is what 1 serving looks like (if you ate a 3rd) I'm sure i ate less then that! But even then; if you ate 1/3 here you go! 17 net carbs

This was absolutely delicious. So good and it really curbed my craving for pastas. If I can figure out how to make a fried rice like this I may just never ever have to eat cheat foods again! (Which I am totally ok with!)

I can't wait to have more of this tomorrow night, it was sooo good!

Make sure to grab a Veggetti, I can't believe I didn't get one before!

Until next time
-Freeze

No comments:

Post a Comment