Friday, January 16, 2015

Keto Buffalo Chicken Tenders

This is one of my favorite recipes even before I started the keto diet. I'm not a fan of breaded and fried buffalo chicken and I stumbled upon Skinny Taste Buffalo Chicken Strips and modified it to my own liking. This is my own recipe because I don't think the recipe Skinny Taste features makes enough seasoning to coat the chicken. Also, I add veggie oil to help the coating stick to the chicken.


Get yo shit!
2 TBSPs veggie oil - split in half
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne
2 chicken breasts (obviously there are only 2 people in my house so we only make enough for 2 people).
1/2 Cup Texas Pete (you can use Franks or whatever, I grew up in Winston Salem, NC so Texas Pete is the only buffalo sauce in my opinion.)

Put 1 TBSP veggie oil in your frying pan. Put the other one in a big bowl along with the black pepper, garlic, paprika, and cayenne. Cut your chicken breasts into strips and add them into the bowl. Mix well, coating chicken well. You can let the coating sit if you want, it does't real matter and it all depends on how spicy to you like your chicken.


Heat your frying pan on medium/high heat. Add your chicken to the frying pan and let it cook through. In a separate bowl measure out your buffalo sauce. When chicken is finished cooking, add to buffalo sauce and toss well until all tenders are covered.

I like eating my tenders over a salad, my mister likes to eat them as a meal. To each their own! These so great with a nice blue cheese or ranch dipping sauce and most only have 1-2gms of garbs per 2 TBSPs.


Here's the breakdown for 1 whole chicken breast: 380 cal per serving - Total Fat 20.1g - 512.2mg of Potassium - 12.8 gm Carbs - 0.5g Fiber - Protein 48.2 g

I hope y'all like this one since it's such a fav of mine! Drop a comment if you do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment