Thursday, January 22, 2015

(Keto) Mug Cake w/ Ice Cream!


So I saw a mug-cake being passed around and I decided to give her a shot, while also finding a way to add a little ice cream. I didn't invent this recipe; but I sure as hell loved it!

Ingredients:

  • Cooking spray
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 2 tablespoons Splenda
  • Pinch salt
  • 1 tbsp heavy cream/almond milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
In 2 separate bowls I did an egg and beat it. Then i put all the other ingredients in the other bowl and mixed.

Then I threw them all together in a bowl. 

Lesson learned: Maybe needed more splenda; could have been a tad sweeter.

Spray the mug with cooking spray (or rub butter in it) then place mixture into a mug, and then I microwaved for 1 minute 20 seconds; I wonder if it would have been more moist had I done it for slightly less and will experiment next time.

I found this pretty keto-friendly ice cream, and did half a serving of it!

And boom, I used the ice cream in conjunction with the cake to kind of moisten it up a little bit.

This entire dessert was 5 net carbs as per MyFitness pal, which doesn't add any carbs for Splenda for some reason, which probably was another 2 net carbs, for my guess of 7 net carbs. Not bad if you had a good day of not getting close to 20!

I do recommend trying it a few times and tweaking the sweetness and such; as mine could have used more sweetner even with the 2 tbls of Splenda!

Enjoy and tell me what ya think
-Freeze



2 comments:

  1. Just a suggestion (I make these all the time and love 'em): Definitely go cream instead of almond milk and Increase the cream if you want more moisture; also increase the Splenda a touch and decrease the cocoa; cocoa is actually bitter and less will still make it nice and chocolaty but less will make the cake sweeter. Experiment a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did go with heavy cream; so bump it up some? Got it! A little more splenda? Perfect. and less cocoa? Ok, next round I will do so!

    ReplyDelete