Sunday, February 1, 2015

A Valentine's Treat You Wish You Knew About Sooner

I loathe Valentine's day and this year is no exception to my anti-valentine's day stance. It may in fact, be amplified by the fact that I can't indulge in day after clearance chocolate. Oh well. I've done pretty good on my chocolate cravings thus far.

Luckily, while browsing the baking aisle, I found a delightful treat that has satisfied my sweet tooth!


Remember this treat from when you were a kid? J-E-L-L-O! Oh yea, check out the nutritional on the back and bask in glorious sweet-keto heaven.


10 calories per serving and 0 of everything else, but it still tastes good. Jell-o is so freaking easy to make and other than it chilling in the fridge, it takes next to no time to make. Follow the directions on the back!


Bring 1 cup of water to a boil, add the packet of gelatin and stir! Keep stirring until everything is all dissolved and there are no floaties hanging out in the pot. Once everything is dissolved, mix in a cup of cold water. I like to transfer it into a big measuring cup that has a pour spout so I can measure it out.


I make 5 servings out of 1 packet. Less than 10 calories per cup. Add some lids and put them in the fridge to chill!


You can put them in the freezer if you want to chill them faster, but they will freeze.

Now my favorite part is adding a big spray of whipped cream. Make sure you find one that is made out of heavy whipping cream and sugar, not high fructose corn syrup. There are 20 calories per 2 TBSPs and only 1gm of carbs. If I've behaved for the day on my carbs, I'll add some extra.


Use any flavor that's the color red - you'll have a wide variety to chose from - and you'll have a perfect proportioned Valentine's Day dessert. I think this is one I can get sweet on.


No comments:

Post a Comment