Monday, January 12, 2015

Why I Haven't Started Going Back to the Gym.. Yet


It may come as a shock being that I am morbidly obese, but I love the gym. I always have.  There's a rush in the feeling of burning your muscles, and I miss it. I miss the elliptical; I miss knowing I was improving my body more every day.

And I haven't gone back since August.

There's a reason! Not an excuse, per se, but a reason.


In May I ran a 5k (color run), and by ran I mean I started running and heard a pop in my knee and walked the rest of the way. I really thought it would be easy, I was up to an hour on the elliptical and clearing 4-5 miles every time.

Lesson 1: Using an elliptical /= running on the road.

It was a hard lesson to learn... as I soon discovered I had messed up my meniscus in my left knee! (Which also happens to be the same ankle I've had injured for years and the same shoulder) My left side is my bad side! :-P

Anyway, so I made a goal to myself upon starting keto that I would go back to the gym when I got down to 350.

But here's the honest truth: I am feeling a ton better. 30 pounds down and I am walking way more, more active, not huffing and puffing going up the stairs, not begging to sit down after standing for a while... I just feel better. Which is crazy for the fact that I still weigh 379lbs!

So I'm going to go back sooner then later. My goal is this week to sign up at Golds Gym near my house and go cancel my Planet Fitness membership which is farther away.

Im going to take it slow and get back into the groove; then it's onward. 34 days into keto.. I'm thinking it's time to get to the gym.

So what's my goal for the year? Idk.. let's say 100lbs. By the end of 2015 I would like to weigh 300 (i started at 410 the first week of december) so I'd say to be at 300 by the end of 2015. If I can get there, I will feel super accomplished, then keep pressing forward.

Here's to months of bacon, meat, cheese, and other yumminess on my way down the mountain of a scale.

See you at the bottom

-Freeze


No comments:

Post a Comment