Friday, January 16, 2015

Keto (And Gluten Free) General Tso's Chicken Over Zucchini Noodle Lo Mein


Freeze here back from a night in the kitchen to bring you a new, yummy recipe.

After grabbing my Vegetti the other day, I have been wanting to try any and everything I can with this. In my last blog I did Italian with a Chicken Parm.

Now let's take it to Asia with this new masterpiece.

General Tso's Chicken Over Zucchini Noodle Lo Mein.

Let's start with the homemade sauce. I'm going to pull a first here and list the ingredients (normally in my recipes they can be found in the nutritional break down at the bottom of the page)

That will be provided on this blog as well but the sauce is a laundry list of items.

Just for the sauce:
1/4th Cup of Chicken Broth
3 tbsp Rice Vinegar
2 1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Reduced Sugar Ketchup
2 Tbsp Splenda (or Erythritol if you have it)
2tsp Sesame Oil
1tsp Hoisen Sauce
1tsp Red Curry Paste
1tsp Red Chili Flakes
1tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Minced Ginger
1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar (or Xantham Gum)

Put it all in a bowl like this:



Then mix it all together and set aside while we do other things.


Now while that sits to the side lets take chicken and cut it into cubes. I used 2 pounds of chicken tenders. (Go ahead and pre heat the oven to 325)


Then I made my breading which was grinded up pork rinds with a little bit of crushed red pepper.


Egg bath and dip in the breading.

Then we are going to pan fry it in Olive Oil with a hint of sesame oil too; I added some extra ginger here to bring up some more flavor.


Once all of them are done for a few moments throw them into a pan then pour the sauce on top./


Now we are going to bake this for 1 hour; flipping and mixing every 15 minutes.


So this is after 1 hour mixing every 15 minutes. Nice and carmelized and saucy. I threw in some chives and mixed it all up real good. 

Protip Lesson: I probably used too much chicken, so next time make more sauce. (because I liked this amount of chicken)

Now while the chicken was in the oven I grabbed 5 zucchini and used the good ol Vegetti.


Now what I didn't take a picture of was me pan cooking the zoodles into a lo mein.

Heated some sesame oil and threw the zucchini in. Tossed for about 2 minutes then threw in soy sauce (about 1/2 cup maybe more, i did it by sight) and tossed that in to get a nice browning throughout the noodles. 

Then I took out half the noodles and plated it.

Then half the chicken plated on top.

Added some olives because I like olives with dinner for the sodium.

and This is what I demolished: 



It was soo good.

Here's the nutrition first one one serving (which was half of the entire meal)


So total meal if you eat half like me: 16g net carb ( i leave myself all 20 for dinner)

And for the entire meal:


You probably could easily make this 3 separate meals; but I have been intermittent fasting so this is my main meal then i'll have a little fat snack later.

Let me know if you like it and try it!

-Freeze


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sauce itself is mostly similar.

    ReplyDelete