Friday, February 20, 2015

Goutbreak: A Very Real Demon. (Day 75)


This morning I woke up to a pain that I remember from last year. A numbing and shooting pain at the same time, emanating through my big toe to the top of my foot. A Swollen feeling, without the physical characteristics to prove it. The hidden pain of Gout.

Last year I suffered my first ever bout with gout. It came on slowly through the week. I noticed it getting harder and harder to stand up without a searing pain. I finally drove myself to the ER to find out that Gout had overtaken my toe. They put me on medicine and within a week, the Gout pain was gone. My apartment is a 2 story apartment, my TV and computer and such are downstairs, both of my bathrooms are upstairs. It was a pretty difficult week. 

The problem is; after having gotten Gout last year, I went off Keto from the fear of reoccurrence.  

This morning, the beast has arisen. I know it takes a couple days for it to crystalize and manifest, so by looking at my MFP this had to occur when I cheated. When I cheated last weekend I had a 2 liter of diet soda. 

And now I have gout, dammit. 

Luckily I had some Indomethacin left over; and I'm hoping I have enough to kick this shit in the ass, I don't wanna have to go to the ER again, knowing it's gout, to get more medicine.

Either way, I'm not letting this deter me from keto this time. I can figure out that the trigger was one of three things.
1) Chinese Food (which I ate to cheat) Which was Sweet and Sour Pork
2) Diet Soda
3) Maybe, MAYBE Andouille. I had a large amount monday and tuesday with saurkraut due to the inclement weather. But I don't *think* that was my trigger. 

Keep Calm and Carry On applies now more then ever. I will not let myself slip off keto again; I'm going to power through this Goutbreak the best I can and come out on the other side stronger for it. 

Dammit Freeze when you cheat you don't HAVE to have Diet Soda.

Ok. I get it.

Limping Gracefully today,
Freeze


4 comments: