Sunday, March 20, 2011

Friday and today.

Friday was arm day, which is pretty easy to do for any beginner. I do 8 different work outs, 4 bicept, 4 tricept, and i alternate. You can basically pic any workouts you know for these and do them, but what ive found for the most work is to do 4 diff ones for each, still using small weight, high reps ( in my case for losing weight.) Of course, if you are trying to bulk up, use the 5+5 method that I outlined in another post, as from people ive seen, this gives them the biggest growth.

Saturday I took a rest day, because I knew I was going into a hellacious workout today, Sunday. And boy did I.

Today I did a Rush Hour with Coach Matt (let me tell you guys, this man is awesome). Hes about 5'6 and used to weigh 270, and now hes definitely fit for sure. And boy did he kick my ass.

First off, when I discussed doing the Rush Hour with him today (we talked Thursday) he straight up told me he didnt think I had it in me. That he didnt think I could do it, because of my weight ect. And I looked him in the eyes and said "Dont tell me what I cannot do". So he told me that if I quit on him twice during the hour, he would send me home. I agreed, shook hands, and signed got put on the schedule for 12 today.

He told me yesterday we had to reschedule to 5, and I was ok with that. So we did.

Anyways long story short. It was intense as hell, probably the most intense cardio workout I have ever done (yes, even more intense than anything in football, ever.) The workout he put me through is specifically designed to shock your body and increase metabolism, for hours after the workout. As I type this I am starving (my eat schedule says my dinner is at 9... im definitely counting down the minutes lol)

So I finished the workout, within 5 minutes I was in the bathroom, puking. That was also a first for me. Never have I ever puked from working out. But it happened today, and I was ok with it. I was exhausted, ready to fall asleep. 15 minutes later I began sipping on my protein shake. Normally I just chug them, but my stomach was still turning, so sipping was definitely better.

All in all, I can say that I am happy I did it, it has opened my eyes to a whole new way to do cardio, and I will probably (if I can afford it) sign up with matt as a trainer, and do it more. I am guessing for my size, it would be wise to try to do such a workout 2-3 times a week. We will see how it all plays out.

Its 8:50... and im ready for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment