Wednesday, April 30, 2014

(Day 6) I just found an amazing Keto Recipe. Cannot wait to make this.. Pizza anyone?



Ingredients:
Cheese:
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
Meat:
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 lb sausage
  • (For double recipe, I used 2 lb ground, 1 lb sausage. I have tried ground turkey and chicken but they don't have much flavor)
Veggies:
  • 1 cup diced red onion
  • 2 cup diced green bell pepper - or green and red, orange, etc
  • 8 ounces sliced black olives - can't go wrong with black olives
  • 8 ounces mushrooms
  • 4oz bag of sliced pepperoni - this holds your casserole together
Sauces/Spices:
  • Italian spices
  • 2-4 garlic cloves minced
  • 16 ounces pizza sauce - I found a generic brand with only a few carbs, or you can make your own with tomato sauce+paste+seasonings
Recipe:
  1. Brown ground meat with the Italian seasoning. Drain off the fat (or keep it). Add garlic and cook for a few more minutes. Set aside meat
  2. Saute peppers, onions, mushroom. I did this in the meat pan. Add pizza sauce when done sauteing
  3. Spray and cover the baking pan (9x13, 12x16) with your cooked meat. Layer with black olives. Pour sauce+veggies mixture over/into meat mixture. Layer with pepperonis.
  4. Blend your shredded cheese and layer it over the mixture.
  5. Cover with more pepperoni and black olives if you have any
  6. Bake at 425 for 15-20

Needless to say; I saw this on /r/keto and had to share with you all; as I will be making this bad boy next week!

Oh, did I mention Keto rocks? It's amazing. 

I'm staying around 1800-2100 calories per day and Im not even considering cheating.

Love it
-Freeze

No comments:

Post a Comment