Wednesday, June 24, 2015

[Recipe] Chicken Crust Alfredo Pizza!


Hello friends!

I am back with another recipe! I saw a friend who had gastric post a pizza where the recipe called for chicken as the crust; and I couldn't believe I had not thought about that before!

So here I present to you a high protein/ SUPER low carb pizza (I have plans to make a buffalo version in the future)


First up, Sorry for the tall photos, I didn't think to turn the camera :/ This is 1.4lbs of chicken breast I had left over from cooking my weekly meals the other day; so I threw it in the Food Processor on shred and it turned into this! 


Covered it in wax paper and began rolling it out!


It's fine that it doesn't go all the way to the edges, I got it nice and thin though :)


I used 1/2 cup of Bertoli's Alfredo Sauce  which was one of the lowest carb Alfredo Sauces I have found!


1 Cup of Kraft Mozzerella on top of the sauce



28 Hormel Pepperonis, which is 2 servings.


1 Serving of the Hormel Pork Sausage! 


1 serving of black olives because I love black olives.

** I did forget to take a picture after throwing another cup of Mozzerella on top of the pizza. Essentially, I used one whole 2 cup bag for this recipe; 1 cup as the base 1 cup on top.


After baking at 400 for 16 minutes viola; we have this beautiful mother fucker. (Yes I gave to clean my stove.. did a lot of cooking this week and I am lazy)

Here is the entire pizza; just under 2,000 calories for the whole thing and only 14g of carbs.. However...


Let's break it up into a 1/4 pizza serving; and we have just under 500 calories, 4g carbs, and amazing macros all around! 


Now some advice that I didn't do: as I ate it the chicken broke apart some (which I didn't care about.. but you might). Use 1 cup of Parmesan cheese or something similar and mix it with the chicken; should help bind it all together real good. Maybe even an egg or two. I will test this hypothesis out on the next go round!

Until next time
-Freeze


1 comment: